Whoa!... is it freaking hot or what?!
I'm in summer classes now. University Chorale and Violin lessons. The director of the University Chorale still annoys the heck out of me. I knew he would but I was hoping that maybe somehow after not having had class with him for a year maybe he wouldn't bother me so much. I suppose in this case absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder OR more forgetful. Nope...he's as annoying as ever...and, oh joy, I have him fall semester also :(. On the up side, most of the songs that we are learning are very nice. Although there is one song called "Muerto" that find somewhat morbid. Anyone that knows spanish knows that that means dead or death or something along those lines. Anyway, the song is about this dead body in the street with a knife protruding from its chest and it dead eyes staring blankly at the sky and nobody wants to look into them. It was arranged by one of the graduate student directors. Weird song.
My violin lessons don't start til next Monday. so until them I'm supposed to listen to violin music and read the Suzuki Method book 1 that I got for the class. I figure I'm not going to become a maestro with five 30 minute lessons, but maybe I'll come out of this being able to play Mary had a little lamb, or Twinkle Twinkle little star. Now that is the repetoire of the very most talented violinists.
I may have a lead on a math teacher/tutor. This would be good news. Now I just have to see how low I can dicker for the price. I figure if I can just get some of this math stuff under my belt the GRE will go much more smoothly than I'm thinking it will at this moment...especially considering quantitative junk is half of the exam. Just great! I figure I'll do just fine on the verbal half, it's the quantitative half that makes my hair stand on end like the previews to Steven King movies.
I wonder if Blogs are recorded in heaven by the angels...
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Darn straight blogs are recorded in heaven, that's why I do this!
hi! waiting for more elyse philosophy! how's school goin?
Post a Comment